Presentations and Bibliography
- Self, James, "Metrics and Management: Applying the results of the Balanced Scorecard." Presented at Northumbria International Conference on Performance Measurement in Libraries in Durham, England, July 30, 2003.
- Self, James, "The Balanced Scorecard and Collection Management." Presented at ALA Annual Conference in Atlanta, GA, June 17, 2002.
- Ceynowa, Klaus (2000). Managing academic information provision with the balanced scorecard: a project of the German Research Association. Performance Measurement and Metrics, 1(3), 157-164.
- Kaplan, Robert S. & Norton, David P. (1992). The Balanced Scorecard - measures that drive performance. Harvard Business Review, 70(1), 71-79.
- Kaplan, Robert S. & Norton, David P. (1996). The Balanced Scorecard: translating strategy into action. Boston: Harvard Business School Press.
- Poll, Roswitha. Managing service quality with the Balanced Scorecard. Paper presented at The 67th IFLA Council and General Conference Trends, August 16-25, 2001, at Boston.
- Poll, Roswitha (2001). Performance, processes and costs: managing service quality with the Balanced Scorecard. Library Trends, 49(4), 709-717.
- Self, James (2003). From values to metrics: implementation of the balanced scorecard at a
university library. Performance Measurement and Metrics, 4(2), 57-63. Available online at http://pippo.emeraldinsight.com/vl=6520554/cl=12/nw=1/fm=html/rpsv/cw/mcb/14678047/v4n2/s1/p57
- Self, James (2003). Using data to make choices: the Balanced Scorecard at the University of Virginia Library. ARL Bimonthly Report 230/231, October/December 2003.
- Willis, Alfred (2004). Using the Balanced Scorecard at the University of Virginia Library: An Interview with Jim Self and Lynda White . Library Administration & Management, 18(2), 64-67.