Management Information Services (MIS) is responsible for coordinating and facilitating assessment activities for the University of Virginia Library. We collect and compile Library data for local and national agencies and for planning and decision-making within the Library.
To accomplish these ends, MIS:
- Cultivates a culture of assessment within the Library
- Provides data, and analysis of data, about the University of Virginia library
- Provides usage statistics for electronic, physical, and other resources
- Reviews, and assists with, applications to the University of Virginia Institutional Review Board for Social and Behavioral Sciences (IRB) for projects involving human subjects
- Reviews, and assists with developing, surveys of our user and staff populations
- Evaluates assessment projects and works with staff to determine the appropriate assessment tools for each situation
- Develops expertise in various techniques of data collection and analysis, including focus groups and customer surveys, as well as analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
- Educates Library staff as to the value of collecting and using management information
- Provides assistance in implementing assessment projects
- Works with other groups in the Library that perform assessment.
|James R. Self, Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org||4-7411|
|Lynda S. White, Associate Directoremail@example.com||4-3240|
|David Griles, Programmerfirstname.lastname@example.org||4-4451|
|Esther Onega, Staff Shareemail@example.com||4-1011|