The University of Virginia Library supports the American Library Association’s Code of Ethics statement on privacy which protects “each library user’s right to privacy and confidentiality with respect to information sought or received and resources consulted, borrowed, acquired or transmitted.”
- Code of Ethics of the American Library Association
- ALA Q&A on the Confidentiality and Privacy of Library Records
- U.Va. Policy on Disclosure of University Record
- Privacy Statement from U.Va.'s "Copyright, Privacy and Web Policies"
- Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Effective 10/1/2001) -- Code of Virginia Title 2.2-3700-3714