Innovation at the U.Va. Library
The U.Va. Library is a place for intentional discoveries and unexpected breakthroughs. A place of infinite choices, goings and comings, and new pathways to new destinations.
Supporting one of the country's largest research universities, the U.Va. Library assists faculty and students not only through "traditional" library services, but also in Digital Humanities at the Scholars' Lab, High-Performance Computing in the Research Computing Lab, and with other cutting-edge projects such as VIRGObeta—an open-source catalogue that allows for faceted searching.
Some of our highlighted ongoing projects are listed to your right—follow the links to read about each exciting undertaking. We welcome your input, so don't be shy—contact information is available on each project's page. Read about other projects and grants below.
Other Ongoing Library Projects
- Tools for management, indexing, discovery, retrieval, and preservation of digital materials.
- Library Mobile Site
- The Library in your pocket.
- Music Encoding Initiative (MEI)
- Doing for music what the Text Encoding Initiative (TEI) did for books and other documents.
- Librarian-created subject guides